Senior Officer- Credit Monitoring and Control
Jobs at:Dfcu Bank
Deadline of this Job:
23 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Senior Officer- Credit Monitoring and Control in the Executive (CEO) domain. Details are as below:
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Credit Support and Monitoring, the role holder will be responsible for monitoring and controlling the credit risk of the bank at portfolio level in compliance with credit policy and BOU guidelines, and report exceptions that require management’s attention and provide possible remedial action.
• Tracks and monitors post approval covenants and ensures any breaches are highlighted and escalated accordingly.
• Checks whether account classification and provisions are in line with regulatory and policy requirements and report any exceptions for further review.
• Check the loan accounts for correct implementation of approved interest rates /floor rates are correctly implemented in the system.
• Perform checks to ensure annual review dates are documented, followed and applicable fees are recovered/charged.
• Check and highlight deferred deliverable items are complied with in the agreed timelines and advise management on the same.
• Identifies Warning Signs across the portfolio and reports accordingly.
• Working closely with Credit team and Relationship Managers (RMs) to obtain required information for his/her work.
• Check compliance with approved drawdown programs for project finance loans and other loans where necessary and confirm whether recommendations have been complied with.
• Periodically accompanying RMs to client visits and/or meetings to address credit risk matters.
• Escalate issues within the agreed timelines.
• Advise whether all processes adhere to laid down controls and procedures in accordance with bank policies and Prudential Guidelines issued by the Central Bank and any other relevant regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor or above degree in Finance, Banking, Business, or related subjects.
• Credit certification/accreditation.
• A minimum of 4 years overall Banking experience 3 of which should have been within Relationship Management or Credit Risk environment.
• Strong analytical and numerical skills supported by experience in credit analysis.
• Good interpretation and decision-making ability.
• Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, credit write-ups and loan documentation.
• Ability to manage complex and multifaceted stakeholders.
• Effective communicator and influencer.
• Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
• Good planning and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Excellent understanding of the Banking act and Prudential guidelines.
• Good knowledge of Banking products and evolving Credit Risk Management systems; and Loan Administration.
• Good understanding of legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to Lending and Credit documentation.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Monday 23rd August 2021 to the email address indicated below