Senior Management Accountant
Jobs at:Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Deadline of this Job:
04 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda now invites applications from qualified Ugandans who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes to occupy the following positions in the Authority’s established structure.
PAU/FA/092/400: Senior Management Accountant
To prepare the annual organizational budget and work plan; and monitor its implementation to ensure alignment of expenditure to the PAU’s operations and work plans.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Coordinate the preparation and consolidation of budget proposals into the budget framework paper.
• Monitor and report on periodical financial and revenue performance to produce management performance reports to manage resources of the PAU.
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the PAU budget and procurement plan to manage resources
• Plan and manage the performance and development of staff under supervision so as to improve their productivity
• Assess areas of wastage in PAU Corporate budget and make recommendations
• Plan and budget for resource requirements in the business Unit and monitor the usage to ensure efficiency
• Develop and monitor a Business Unit Work plan and develop performance agreements with all the staff under supervision
• Monitor staff performance and provide guidance and periodic feedback for performance improvement
• Assess the training and development needs of staff under supervision and recommend appropriate interventions
• Provide coaching and mentoring support to staff under jurisdiction
• Initiate and implement activities/programs intended to create and harness teamwork in the business Unit
• Create and maintain a working atmosphere that fosters creativity and innovation in the team.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
• Bachelors (Honors) degree in Commerce, Business Administration or a related field with a bias in Accounting from a recognized academic institution.
• Professional Accountant with a full qualification in any of the following; CPA or ACCA.
• At least 5 years working experience in Accounting or Budget preparation, three
• (3) of which should have been served at a supervisory from a reputable organization.
• Experience in the application of accounting systems such as IFMS.
• Specialized training in Budgeting and procurement procedures
• Specialized training in the application of Accounting and Financial Management Software’s.
Character & Competencies
• Knowledge of Public Finance and Management Act, 2015.
• Knowledge of the PPDA Act.
• Excellent analytical and Management skills.
• Ability to use Accounting Software Systems, MS Excel, Visual.
• Effective Communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to effectively work as part of a team.
• Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity;
• Proven track record of outstanding performance;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Possess good administrative and negotiation skills;
• Confident and dynamic personality.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and follow the link to “Opportunities-Careers-Vacancies” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to [email protected] or call telephone number +256 313231500.