Senior Human Resource Officer Planning And Organization Development
Jobs at:Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Deadline of this Job:
04 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda now invites applications from qualified Ugandans who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes to occupy the following positions in the Authority’s established structure.
PAU/FA/091/400: Senior Human Resource Officer Planning And Organization Development
• Plan, review and evaluate the Human Resource Planning function; talent management and organizational development and facilitate implementation of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda capacity development programs.
Key Job Responsibilities
• To develop and coordinate implementation of talent recruitment plans and exit management in the Petroleum Authority of Uganda.
• Facilitate implementation of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda capacity building programs under the OIL and Gas Sector.
• To develop and coordinate implementation of staff learning and development plans /programs in the Service.
• To manage and implement talent attraction, acquisition, and retention strategies.
• To plan for the process of talent exit in the Service.
• To coordinate the review of the organization and departmental structures and manage trade-offs.
• To review and recommend amendments to HR policies and strategies in line with the national labour laws, international best practices and regulatory frameworks.
• To collate staff talents/skills and document the Petroleum Authority of Uganda skills inventory.
• To align staff talents to organizational capabilities and individual career plans.
• To initiate or review the development of talent management plans and schemes.
• To develop and implement relevant Human Resource information Systems in the Service.
• To monitor and follow up outstanding HR related Audit/s.
• Manage the performance and development of subordinate staff.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills And Working Experience
• A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management from an internationally
• recognized University.
• Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Human Resource Management or Organizational /
• Industrial Psychology or Management / Administration or Social Sciences / Art
with Personnel or Human Resource Management as a subject from an internationally recognized University/ Institution.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in human resource management, 3 of which should be served at supervisory level from a highly organized establishment.
• Demonstrated experience of working in a leadership role in an organization/ business unit/project with diverse professionals.
• Possession of a professional qualification and/or membership in the fields related to HR.
• Problem solving and Supervisory skills
• Team building and Negotiation skills
• Counselling and guidance skills
• Time management skills
• Ability to manage stress and work under pressure
• Effective verbal and listening skills
• Excellent Communication skills
• Good report writing skills
• Should have self-respect, ethics and integrity
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and follow the link to “Opportunities-Careers-Vacancies” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to [email protected] or call telephone number +256 313231500.