Project Services Leader
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Project Services Leader
• The job holder shall have knowledge of the Company processes in order to ease the implementation of processes within the Project Group (budgeting, invoice processing, contract processing, reporting, change management, manning, travel...) and to propose solutions for the best management of these processes.
• Deputize for the Project Controls Manager as requested.
• Management and development of resources available within the team to provide organizational support and transfer of Company and project knowledge to the teams.
• To define, develop and maintain internal Project Controls/Services Procedures, associated templates, and tools as necessary (Contract and Procurement Strategy, Budgeting and Cost Control, Scheduling, Reporting, Documentation Control, HR administration) in compliance with the Production Sharing Agreement (PSA), the Joint Venture Agreement (JOA), Corporate and Company procedures and practices.
• Within the management team, coordinate and control the manpower budget for project related activities. Ensure correct implementation within Project Cost Control & Company Finance.
• Validate project resource deployment and staffing activities as planned and organized by the Company, for the Project organization, in close coordination with Project Management and HQ in order to ensure timely requirements of required resources.
• Interface with the Information & Technologies (IT) Department to ensure timely processing and execution of IT related activities, and timely availability of IT equipment and software.
• To provide support for implementing the Project Organizational Documents (presentations, communications.
• To liaise with the Company for the definition and sharing of responsibilities in the various organizational processes.
• To coordinate reporting activities destined to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensure coordination with the Package Managers, Project Controls Team - Planning & Cost Control – for review of various contractor reports to provide assurance that contractors reported progress are verified.
• Ensure coordination with the Package Managers, Project Controls Team – Planning & Cost Control – conduct and organize consolidation of contractor reports.
• To develop and have validated the Frame Contracts with qualified Technical Assistance Service Companies, this including development of the Contract agreement and all the associated conditions pertaining to assistance contracts.
• To negotiate the Frame Contracts with Technical Assistance Companies to reach an agreement.
• To organize, when services shall be contracted and in accordance with the Project schedule requirements, the call for tenders (including commercial evaluation of offers, technical and commercial recommendations), Call-off Order preparation, follow-up of their approval (according to Delegation of Authorities in force), in accordance with Project rules and procedures and within the frame of signed Frame Contracts.
• With the Quality team, to propose and implement means and tools that would ease organizational process.
• To regularly report to the Project Control & Services Manager, highlighting progress and encountered areas of concern.
• To observe strict confidentiality in the data and information managed.
• Participate in and support project closeout activities and reporting, including coordination of the Asset Capitalization requirements. Identify areas of opportunity that can result in cost/time savings, complexity reduction and propose solutions to realize these benefits and incorporate Lessons Learned in HQ databases.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business administration related field or relevant professional experience in the oil and gas industry.
• At least 15 years’ international project experience related to Project Controls & Services, Organizational management and Administration. Experience working through all project phases (FEED, detailed engineering, construction, commissioning, and start-up) in the oil and gas industry.
• Background shall include demonstrable success in similar key roles on large and complex projects worldwide.
• Sound experience in Contract and Procurement related matters.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.