Project Manager, Operational Excellence (Re-advertised)
Jobs at:Mastercard Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, April 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a self-starter ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
The Foundation is evolving to a matrix approach of working to deliver on our Young Africa Works Strategy. This is a unique opportunity to work in this matrix setting within the Eastern Africa hub.
This positions formally report to the Operational Excellence Lead; however, the Project Manager (PM) will take day-to-day direction from the Country Head in Uganda. Each Project Manager will serve as a business partner to the country teams to support the prioritized project and process requirements of the office. This ranges from monitoring the portfolio of work including key timelines, milestones and dependencies; supporting the implementation of enterprise transformation initiatives including the reimagining process, delegation of authority, and other streams of work; developing detailed workflows and artefacts to support and/or improve existing processes; supporting teams to meet timelines around country roadmap reviews and documentation required for Board meetings, etc. The Project Manager will also liaise with the Strategy and Planning team to support with country program planning initiatives, as directed by the Uganda Country Head.
As such, the Project Manager will work on complex, multi-track projects or workstreams balancing scope, time, cost, and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes high performance. The PM must be comfortable with diverse teams and managing uncertainty; he/she must possess the flexibility to co-create with dynamic, cross-functional teams to deliver integrated solutions. The PM will also be key to enabling an enterprise-wide distribution and uptake of project management best practices in the hub through the Project Management Centre of Excellence .
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
• Coordinate delivery and execution of complex country projects or workstreams. concurrently with country stakeholders throughout project lifecycle, including process design or redesign initiatives.
• Understand and develop project content and deliverables through active engagement of stakeholders, and development of trusted thought-partner relationships.
• Dynamically engage stakeholders to problem-solve for solutions as needed to execute deliverables.
• Drive discussions with integrated country teams for a desired/improved future state and document workflows tools, and accountability frameworks as required; house information in a knowledge repository.
• Provide support in implementation and operationalization efforts including training, change management and communications.
• Develop and manage integrated plans and associated communication documents to report on progress; provide frequent verbal and written progress reports on the status of projects; and provide action plans or recommendations on project delivery to stakeholders.
• Develop, maintain and deliverables to track achievement milestones and overall project delivery within the constraints of scope, schedule, cost and quality.
• Work with stakeholders to identify, document, assess, and monitor all project dependencies/interdependencies, risks, issues, and required decisions.
• Translate requirements from the Strategy and Planning team (as directed) into tangible workplan(s) and ensure delivery of requirements.
• Provide coaching on project management best practices, stand in as Operational Excellence resource for the country in alignment with the Foundation's Project Management Centre of Excellence.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
WHO YOU ARE
• PMI certified with a University degree, preferably in business administration or a related field; Master's Degree is an asset.
• Minimum 7-9 years business project management experience as opposed to IT project management) and success in leading and managing complex projects in an official PM capacity, demonstrating PMO methodologies for planning, risk management and reporting.
• Possess a good knowledge of process design and redesign (workflow mapping, accountability frameworks, etc.). Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset
• Solid knowledge of country development priorities, including country policies, strategies and vision is an asset.
• Solid knowledge of the nature of the private sector within the country, or experience working with the private sector is an asset.
• Advanced knowledge of project management tools and MS Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Viso and Excel).
• Detail-oriented, methodical, and process-oriented to consistently and effectively produce and deliver high quality results.
• Strong collaborator and relationship builder who can establish trust, respect, and credibility to co-create solutions across a range of stakeholders.
• A highly analytical problem-solver and critical thinker who can define root cause, evaluate alternatives, and find solutions effectively.
• Possess a 'client' focus mindset which enables effective business partnering and issue resolution.
• A team player, self-starter, and resourceful with the ability to work within a constantly changing and ambiguous environment with minimal supervision and resilience.
• Agile, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
• Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
• Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
• Fluent in English required. Ability to speak locally and regional spoken language(s) is an asset.
• Flexible to travel, if required.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 108
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please note that if you applied for this same role previously, you don't need to reapply.
The Mastercard Foundation values the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the organization and we are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone.
Completion of satisfactory business references and background checks are essential conditions of employment.
For more information and to sign up for the Foundation’s newsletter, please visit http://www.mastercardfdn.org/
Use the link to apply: https://boards.greenhouse.io/mastercardfoundation/jobs/5104446002