Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Operational Excellence
- Reporting to the Head, Operational Excellence, the Project Manager (PM) will deliver on enterprise priorities in service of the Foundation’s programming and operations. The Project Manager will liaise with internal and potentially external stakeholders to provide high quality business delivery of Core business process design and/or improvements; and Enterprise, functional projects and initiatives.
- The Project Manager will be key to enabling an enterprise-wide distribution and uptake of project management best practices through the Project Management Centre of Excellence.
- As the PM, you will work on complex, multi-track projects balancing scope, time, cost, geography, and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes high performance. Ideal candidate is comfortable with diverse teams and managing uncertainty and possess the flexibility to co-create with dynamic, cross-functional teams to deliver integrated solutions.
- The successful candidate will be based in Canada or any of our Africa hubs; Rwanda, Ethiopia, Uganda, Kenya, Senegal, Ghana and Nigeria
Ways You Can Contribute
- Coordinate delivery and execution of complex enterprise or functional projects concurrently with project stakeholders throughout project lifecycle, not limited to:
- Project management and implementation support for Enterprise Transformation.
- Development and/or continuous improvement of organizational processes.
- Understand and develop project content and deliverables through active engagement of stakeholders, and development of trusted thought-partner relationships.
- Dynamically engage stakeholders to problem-solve for solutions as needed to execute deliverables.
- Drive discussions with cross-functional teams for a desired/improved future state and document workflows tools, and accountability frameworks as required; house information in a knowledge repository.
- Provide support in implementation and operationalization efforts including training, change management and communications.
- Develop and manage integrated plans and associated communication documents to report on progress; provide frequent verbal and written progress reports on the status of projects; and provide action plans or recommendations on project delivery to stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and deliverables to track achievement milestones and overall project delivery within the constraints of scope, schedule, cost and quality.
- Work with stakeholders to identify, document, assess, and monitor all project dependencies/interdependencies, risks, issues, and required decisions.
- Be an ambassador for the Project Management Centre of Excellence and provide coaching on project management best practices.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Who You Are
- PMI certified with a University Degree, preferably in Business Administration or a related field; Master’s Degree is an asset.
- 7 – 9 years business project management experience (as opposed to IT project management) and success in leading and managing complex projects in an official PM capacity, demonstrating PMO methodologies for planning, risk management and reporting.
- Possess a good knowledge of process design and redesign (workflow mapping, accountability frameworks, etc.). Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of project management tools and MS Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Excel).
- Detail-oriented, methodical and process-oriented to consistently and effectively produce and deliver high quality results.
- Strong collaborator and relationship builder who can establish trust, respect and credibility to co-create solutions across a range of stakeholders.
- A highly analytical problem-solver and critical thinker who can define root cause, evaluate alternatives and find solutions effectively.
- Possess a ‘client’ focus mindset which enables effective business partnering and issue resolution.
- A team player, self-starter, and resourceful with the ability to work within a constantly changing and ambiguous environment with minimal supervision and resilience.
- Fluent in English required. Ability to speak French is an asset.
- Flexible to travel to Country offices in Africa, when required.
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity.
- Committed to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.