PROJECT COORDINATOR – RWENZORI REGION
Closing date:June 7, 2021
The overall goal of the project is to increase safety for children at the local level through increased accountability for offenders through a functioning justice service response mechanism and ‘zero tolerance’ throughout the community.
A consultant is required to coordinate the project activities of IJM on the ground in the Districts of Kamwenge, Kasese and Kabarole with the different Stakeholders, ensuring representation and advocacy for IJM in the delivery of the Oak project. The project coordinator will ensure that the project activities in the selected districts are well-organized, run smoothly and remain on track to meet the set Goals and Objectives of the project.
· Sympathy with IJM mission and values
· Attention to detail, ability to deliver tasks on time with limited supervision.
· Degree in Social Work & Social Administration, Social Sciences, Education, International Development, Community Development or Developmental Studies
· Other Bachelor’s degree and relevant experience will be considered.
· Project management experience or qualifications are desirable.
· 3 years’ experience as a Project coordinator or field coordinator in the Rwenzori region will be of added advantage.
· To be based in FortPortal with frequent travel outside the District including to IJM offices.
· Periodically embedded in the offices of a stakeholder at the District level.