Jobs at:YWCA-YMCA Global Global
Deadline of this Job:
26 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kiryandongo , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
YWCA-YMCA Global Global) is an organization for development and solidarity. We are owned by the Norwegian YWCA-YMCA and the YWCA-YMCA Guides and Scouts of Norway. We work in partnership with our sister organizations in the World Alliance of YMCAs and World YWCA. Our vision, together building global justice and peace emphasizes our belief that if we work together we can create a better world for everyone.
The main target group for YGlobal's work in Uganda are children, youth and young adults aged 8-35 years. We consider young people core to giubai development and our work strengthens the voice of young people, both men and women, so that they can influence unjust policies and contribute to democratisation of power structures. YGloba. works on four main thematic areas: Just Peace, Gender Equality, Reduced inequalities, and Climate Action. The topics are chosen because they are important to our target group, have a distinct rights-basco focus, and are infornied by the thematic priorities of the World YWCA and the World Alliance of YMCAS. YGlobal has since September 2016 triplemented a UNSCR 1325 project in Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement. The project integrates psychosocial support with peace building, economic empowerment, eduation, and advocacy. A core strategy in YGlobal's work invoives formation of project participants into Peacemaker Groups to operationalize peace building economic empowerment, education, and advocacy. YGlobal is seeking qualified applicants to fill the following position;
Job title: Project Coordinator
Reporting to: Program Manager (PM)
Daty station: Kiryandongo - with regular travel to Kampala
The Project coordinator is responsible for supporting and supervising psychosocial support activities across other components of the program, to ensure that YGlobal Ugarda Program reaches the set goal and outcomes. This entails ensuring that project participants are properly registered and engaged into Peacemaker Groups. He/she will have responsibility to coordinate and lead country processes to improve the program's quality and expand geographical coverage. In this position, successful candidate is also expected to follow up administrative issues with relevant ministries/stakeholders to ensure that YGlobal as an organization, and its state are always complying with relevant local laws. Furthermore, the Project Coordinators has the responsibility and mandate to execute specific project related duties and the authority to make the necessary decisions to carry out the tasks given to this position. Below is a list of key roles and responsibilities entailing this position, although other duties might be added when so desired by the Y Global Management in Norway.
• Lead project officers to ensure that psychosocial support is well mainstreamed into other components of the program.
• Provide supervision (individual and group) to all counselors and staff offering services to the project participants.
• Offer back-up support and the advanced management knowledge of the project officers to meet the needs of the project participants.
• Help the staff in releasing their stresses and manage the work-related stresses.
• Support the project officers to correctly document program outputs including securing proper use of online tools such Office 365
• Develop systems for strengthening referral pathways to improve service delivery to clients.
• Take the lead in providing input for developing a database for case management.
• Proactively engage with other stakeholders and ensure YGlobal's work is well represented at relevant forums both locally and at the national level.
• Contribute to developing project proposals to different relevant agencies aimed at expanding both the quality and geographical coverage of the program.
• Support the process of developing work plans according to the approved resuit frameworks.
• Support budgeting and reporting processes to the back donor
• Minimum bachelor's degree in psychology or related subjects.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in a leading position is related position.
• Respects privacy of the staff and the beneficiaries and keeps the confidentiality of the accumulated information.
• Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
• Knowledge of some language(s) is an asset
• Experience working in the context of refugee settlement is an asset
• Knowledge of context of South Sudan is an asset
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• A creative individual who possesses energy self-confidence, and flexibility thrives in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
• Demonstrated appreciation of psychosocial support and Livelihood development of vulnerable people
• Should be adaptable, be a good team player and of high integrity
• Possess and aware of own leadership qualities and able to mentor/inspire other people.
Note: Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you fit the above profile, please e-mail your application to [email protected] subject line should be position you are applying for. Pleases attach electronic copies/scanned copies of your curriculum vita application letter, current remuneration day and evening telephone numbers photocopies of relevant testimonials, and contacts of threes referees. Application deadline on the 26 of September 2021 . If you have questions about the position, please send an email to [email protected]