Program Officer Livelihood
Jobs at:Share an Opportunity (SAO)
Deadline of this Job:
29 April 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Share An Opportunity (SAO) Uganda is a Christian child centered Non-government organization. It envisions a holistically developed child within the community.
The organization seeks to recruit a Project Officer Livelihoods for the Child Centred Community Development project being implemented in Lotuke and Awach sub-counties, Abim District. .
Summary of Key Roles For The Position
• Provide technical guidance and operational support to implementing partners to enhance performance and quality assurance, share knowledge and build capacity.
• Coordinate activities of the Self Help Groups using the Rights Based Approach to enable por and marginalized women to identify root causes for their poverty, plan and implement viable activities towards self reliance.
• Work closely with different stakeholders like politicians and technical personnel, making sure that they do understand the objective of the project and why they are supposed to be part of project cycle implementation.
• Implement project activities that promote disability inclusion.
• Participate in the preparation of funding project proposals, budgets and activity work plans and align them with the objectives of SAO Uganda and relevant development partners.
• Responsible for ensuring that the Self Help Group community development approach is implemented in community projects and institutions according to recommended guidelines.
• Carry out regular visits to all beneficiary sites to assess program performance in line with the budgets, work plans and advise the partners accordingly.
• Support community structures to come up with action plans which later give them direction in terms of the operations in achieving their set objective.
• Develop effective follow up tools, data bank, reporting formats and indicators for use in the project.
• Ensure that participatory baseline surveys and rural appraisals are carried out as the basis for Community Development project designs and support project staff to formulate and develop quality proposals in a participatory manner with key stakeholders.
Other requirements/ competencies:
• Good knowledge and experience of the SHG approach to development.
• Ability to develop quality work plans, budgets and reports.
• Good knowledge of computer applications.
• Ability to collect, enter and analyze data.
• Knowledge of the local language of the project area is a MUST
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Development studies, Social Sciences or equivalent in a development related field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably in a NGO setting
• Capacity to work with people from diverse cultural backgrounds
• Capacity to work efficiently within a multidisciplinary team
• Strong ability to work independently
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Good computer skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, send your application, resume and recommendation letter from either your pastor or reverend to:
The National Director
Share an Opportunity Uganda
P.O. Box 23408
Applications may also be sent electronically to: [email protected] or hand delivered to the SAO offices on Abim Lira Highway in Orwamuge Town council and our Head Offices on Plot No. 1448, Kitala Zone, Kanyanya.