Job Title: Credit Administration Supervisor – PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: PostBank Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Manager Credit Administration and Reporting
PostBank Uganda Ltd Profile
PostBank Uganda Ltd is a government-owned bank regulated by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act, 2004. The bank focuses on the mass market with operations spread across the country. The bank is growing and enhancing its services.
The Jobholder is responsible for providing a supervisory and monitoring role to the Credit Administration Disbursement team in a manner that shall ensure that disbursement of loan facilities and Guarantees is done within approved policies and procedures of the Bank.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review loan disbursement requests and ascertain that drawdown are completed in line with set/approved conditions and policy.
- Verify and confirm that all required loan documents have been received and security compliance certificates for all deals presented prior to disbursement.
- Identify and mitigate risks in the loan disbursement process and ensure that they are highlighted and properly managed to an acceptable level.
- Processing of credit facilities including booking of credit limits, Guarantees and Letters of credit.
- Provide safe custody for the loan files and transaction vouchers received or generated during the posting process.
- Provide support to the credit recovery team in ensuring that loan recoveries from customers have been posted.
- Ensure Daily call over of disbursed loans and credit postings to eliminate errors in bookings and all fees collected.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual disbursement reports for decision-making purposes within the department.
- Train, guide, and motivate staff under supervision to promote discipline, productivity, and accountability.
- Sending to credit disbursement queries/complaints raised through the business or through any recognized channel and ensure appropriate feedback and resolution in a timely manner.
- Timely posting of settled insurance claims and paying off loans accordingly
- Maintain and promote good working relationship with the branches and business teams.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- A Business degree in Risk, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, management, or any relevant field.
- Relevant Practical training in Credit Administration in the financial services sector.
- Practical and sufficient knowledge of basic core banking systems
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience with at least 1 year in Credit Risk Management domain.
- Good understanding of credit risk management principles and numerical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a professional manner
- Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of set departmental goals
- Team player, excellent Customer Service skills
- Honesty and Integrity
How To Apply for PostBank Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified candidates should send application to [email protected] with job title as subject, accompanied with copies of relevant academic documents.
Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, PostBank Uganda
The following documents should accompany the application strictly online:
- Detailed CV
- Certified copies of academic documents
- Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
- Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
Deadline: 22nd November 2021