Job Title: Financial Accountant – Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Profile
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
Process and issue payments due to authorized recipients and prepare periodical reports to facilitate business continuity and enhance accountability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Receive, register and face vet supplier invoices and staff claims for authenticity and validity of the invoices/claims.
- Communicate to the Suppliers/claimants where the invoices/claims have issues for clarification.
- Process payment to staff and suppliers.
- Obtain, verify and post all payments and receipts – Vouchers, EFTs and any other relevant documents into the accounting system.
- Maintain all records of transactions/documents posted on PAU account.
- Receive and verify refunds from staff and issue receipts.
- Obtain bank statements and examine refunds made through the banks before issuing receipts.
- Provide safe custody and accountability for the all the tools and resources used – security papers, receipt books etc. and keep a record in the registers.
- Prepare periodical accountability reports indicating money received (refunds), all payments made to staff and external service providers and submit to supervisor for confirmation.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Minimum Qualifications for Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Commerce, Business Administration or any other Business-related degree with a specialization in either Finance or Accounting, from a recognized University
- At least 3 years’ experience handling financial management/accounting related job in a large organization.
- Practical exposure to the application of financial accounting systems.
- Professional Qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CIMA, CPA (U)).
- Specialized Training in the Accounting Systems Applications.
- Character & Competencies
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data
- High level of organization skills
- Ability to work for long hours
- Possession of good Interpersonal skills
- Possession of an impeccable record of integrity
- Possession of prioritization skills
How To Apply for Petroleum Authority of Uganda Jobs 2021
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and follow the link to “Opportunities-Careers-Vacancies” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
Deadline: 4th October 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.