Job Title: Finance Officer – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
To support NRC field offices and make sure that finance department functions efficiently in the area of financial accounting, management, monitoring and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Finance Coordinator in Kampala in day to day reconciliations and financial analysis
- Provides assistance in timely monthly closing and ensuring Country Offices are able to close on agreed upon deadlines
- Review financial reports and documents from the field offices and insure that they are timely received.
- Work closely with logistic department to insure that asset register is updated regularly and match physical assets.
- Prepare a trip report for each assignment and submit to FC and FM
- Provide training and support to finance and non-finance staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and NRC internal controls.
- Assist in yearend closing and audit document preparation
- Participate in and facilitate country finance workshops and training as required;
- Maintain open communication with Finance, program staff and others for all financial clarifications
- Focal person for audit documents and facilitate the process.
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- 2 year of INGO experience is a plus
- CPA2 qualification is added advantage
- Knowledge of Agresso is added advantage.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strict attention to policy and practice detail
- Very strong financial analysis skills
- High integrity
- Good knowledge of financial reporting systems in donor funded work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitator
- Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th December 2021