Job Title: Storekeeper – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Kyangwali, Uganda
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The Storekeeper will ensure effective store management of the programme assets and inventory within the store / warehouse. Working closely with Logistics team and Program staff, the Storekeeper will be accountable for compliance with the store management procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle all items in transit in accordance with NRC policies and procedures and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Handle incoming and outgoing stock to /from the store. This includes ensuring requisition forms and vouchers are properly completed.
- Make sure all goods are properly packaged according to the sensitivity of the concerned goods.
- Issue items/goods on FIFO principle (First in First Out) for items that are required.
- Ensure proper quality control at reception of any goods and assets by carefully checking the quality, quantity and documentation according to NRC requirement and report any defaults to the logistic assistant before accepting any suspicious goods
- Ensure the use of stock cards for recording the items and ensure that one card is used for only one items
- Ensure proper handling and storage of received goods; as well as ensuring that proper documentation is handled and managed in a professional away.
- Maintain an accurate and timely record keeping system in accordance with all financial and logistics procedures.
- Keeping storage areas clean and organized at all times and immediately report problems relating safe storages of stocks
- Update store records on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and submit it to the supervisor
- Conduct inventory control checks through periodic physical counts as per NRC policies and procedures
- Conduct inventory of fixed assets with a delegated person
- Report any obsolete, damage or missing items immediately to the supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant for the Storekeeper position should hold a diploma in stores management or related field.
- Should have demonstrable experience of at least 2 years, preferably working with a Non-Governmental Organization / International NGO, with vast knowledge in stores management and reporting.
- Must be willing to learn and implement NRC’s Logistics and stores procedures.
- Demonstrated experience of operating online stock management systems.
- Good knowledge of emergency response operations.
- The ability to undertake manual handling of stock.
- Applicants should be able bodied with no known allergic conditions that may jeopardize their work.
- Ability to work well with a team, gender sensitivity and integrity are essential attributes
Only Ugandan Nationals are qualified to apply.
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th December 2021