Job Title: 4 Fresher Finance Assistants – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Arua, Yumbe, Isingiro, Kampala
Reports to: M&E Officer
Reports to: Finance Officer
Supervision of: None
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
To support in finance functions for Finance Assistant in ensuring the finance department functions efficiently in all areas of financial accounting, management, monitoring and reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities:
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Comply with Financial Handbook and other NRC policies
- Receive, assemble and register invoices/documents submitted for payment
- Carry out first review of payment documents submitted for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices and before forwarding to Finance Assistant for further review and verification.
- Handle all cash transactions including field payments of approved vouchers.
- Support the Finance Assistant in preparation of cash payment postbacks/vouchers in Agresso ensuring all cash movements are accurately recorded and submit for review by Finance Officer before payment.
- Under supervision of Finance Officer, support in following up advances and their purposes, ensure value for money when verifying accountabilities, and ensure that accountabilities are prompt and cleared before within allowable timelines.
- Ensure all hard files are up-to date paying keen attention to completeness of documents that are filed and ensuring paid documents are stamped PAID.
- Responsible for scanning all completed and paid vouchers with supporting documents.
- Any other duty assigned by the Finance Officer/Finance Assistant.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a Related Relevant Field
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role
- INGO experience will be added advantage
- Planning and delivering results
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Good Time management
- Attention to detail
- Handling insecure environments
- Familiarity with basic electronic equipment (computers, photocopier, scanner, etc)
- Sociable, courteous and respectful
- Able multitask
- Reliable, adaptable and flexible
The employee will be accountable for and evaluated on the responsibilities and the competencies, based on NRC’s Performance Management System. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Application is online only; Qualified Uganda Nationals only
- Submit application, detailed curriculum vitae and academic documents as a single PDF document by 28th May 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis;
- NRC will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, NRC has not retained any agent to conduct recruitments on behalf of the organization.
- NRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to Apply
- These Positions are Re-advertised; Candidates who applied to the previous Adverts need not to Apply
Deadline: 29th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.