Job Title: Operations Officer/Project Assistant – Mountain Slayers Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mountain Slayers Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Reports to: Project Manager
Mountain Slayers Uganda Profile:
Mountain Slayers Uganda (MSU) is a hiking club that was started in 2015 and formally registered in 2019 to challenge perceptions about the outdoors in Uganda. The idea was born out of observation that there were few Ugandans climbing mountains in the country and East Africa, yet our neighbours in Kenya were sending large groups to summit Mt. Kilimanjaro. Scrutiny revealed that climbing mountains was still and is associated with high costs, risk of injury or death and viewed to be a western activity. From a founding core of 6 original members, the club has grown to over 100 subscribed members and active social media reach of over 230,000.
Mountain Slayers Uganda is looking for a Project Assistant to help manage our project aimed at improving safety in the Rwenzori Mountains by training local guides and delivering safety gear to local guides through Rwenzori Ranges Hikers & Guides Association and Rwenzori Mountaineering services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the manager of the project and members of the team in the program planning and implementation.
• As directed may gather information on topics related to the project
• Prepare, track and keep a repository of all administrative paperwork like procurement,
• training lists, consent forms, and accounts documents
• Handle preparations, scheduling, logistics and other various requirements
• Assist members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence and replies to inquiries.
• Contribute to the operational reports and correspondence and assist with the development of project materials.
• Call for quotations/bids for provision of services and negotiate with service providers on terms of reference.
• Assist in the evaluation of quotations/bids following relevant procurement procedures
• Make recommendations on procurement to senior management on procurement of goods and services.
• Liaise with service providers to ensure smooth provision of services to the project.
• Liaise with Uganda Revenue Authority with respect to imports tax exemption and UNDP for Tax exemption letters.
• Ensure all invoices are submitted for payment on time.
• Keep project staff on schedule with timely reminders about deliverables
• Anticipate road blocks and raise issues to the administrative team
• Follow through on external contacts that need to be made
• Engage and keep all project stakeholders updated on the key processes, deliverables and outcomes of the work.
• Any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• The individual should have a university Degree in Business Administration, social sciences or
• any other relevant course
• At least 3 years working experience in administration
• Knowledge of funded project policies and procedures an added advantage
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Good negotiations skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy with good command of word processing and spreadsheets
How To Apply for Mountain Slayers Uganda Jobs 2021
Candidates should attach their application letters and CVs in one PDF document. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st May 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.