Job Title: – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021 2 Finance Graduate Trainees
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala and Arua
Reports Directly to: Finance Officer
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
The Mercy Corps Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Uganda, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Mercy Corps Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Mercy Corps’ internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Programs and other Departments, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to all departments, senior management and HQ to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Working in the Finance Department under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer and Finance Coordinator, the graduate trainee will be responsible for; Scanning Finance documents and saving them on the Finance google drive as per Year, Month & Document numbers. A Graduate trainee will Conduct him/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
Works Directly with: FD, FM, SFOs, FOs, PMs, HR, Operations heads and other MC team members
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Scanning Finance documents and saving them on the Finance google drive as per Year, Month & Document numbers.
- Support to arrange Files transferred to the Warehouse according to the year of income as per the Mercy Corps Warehouse Management policy and Guidelines.
- Support to transfer more Files from the Finance Office to the Mercy Corps Warehouse.
- Responsible for checking that documents both for cash and bank payments are stamped and General Journals, labeling/referencing all the files, archiving files in the Finance Department.
- Retrieving & filing back documents that were retrieved for the Annual audit, Internal Audit, and all other spot checks.
- Confirm that all vouchers as per Microsoft Dynamic Navigator listing exist on file and report otherwise.
- Confirm that all Signatures have been indicated on the vouchers as required.
- Confirm that all vouchers are cancelled as required.
- Confirm that review checklists are attached on all vouchers.
- Photocopying and scanning all documents as required by the Finance department.
- Proper Filing of all documents as required by the policy.
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate of Business related studies, Economics or Information Technology from a recognised University
- Not more than 2 years out of school.
- Strong analytical skills including attention to details are essential
- Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Experience in using google drive an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
A high level of personal integrity, honesty and transparency are absolutely essential. The ability to interact effectively with international and national staff members is required. A demonstrated ability to work quickly and accurately, meet deadlines, and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary.
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.