Management Trainee - Finance & Accounts
Jobs at:Bidco Uganda Limited (BUL)
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2021
Within Uganda , Jinja , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Bidco Uganda Limited (BUL) is a leading FMCG company with modern edible oil refinery, soap & detergent plants in Masese Jinja. BUL has developed over ten thousand hectares of palm plantations at Bugala islands in Kalangala and is in new project development at Buvuma as a backward integration. All these are geared to serve the African market with established brands of fortified oils, fats & hygienic products. BUL is an associate of Wilmar International limited which is the world's leading processor, merchandiser & distributor of edible oils, oilseeds & related products.
Position: Management Trainee - Finance & Accounts
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda Reports to: Accountant
Job related experience and knowledge:
• You must have 10 years' progressive experience in financial and operational management in medium to large size Development Partner funded organisations with 5 years as Chief Financial Officer.
• Proven expertise in developing and implementing financial controls and processes as well as experience with implementing financial software and optimizing business processes.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to motivate others; coaching, mentoring and successful leadership of diverse teams.
• Demonstrable experience in managing grants and knowledge of Development Partner funding rules and regulations and extensive knowledge of international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and other accounting best practice.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in budgeting and forecasting for business operations.
• Experience in the context of agricultural lending (preferred).
• Experience of Organisation Development and/or managing organisational change (preferred).
Successful candidates will undergo a one-year structured training program and have a holistic experience of financial management through working the Finance and Administration Office and any other duties required to assist the organization in achieving its vision.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Learn various aspects of finance roles in an FMCG environment
• Train to be a successful professional in financial accounting through a structured training program
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• First-Class Degree or Second upper in Accounting, Finance or other equivalent qualification;
• Possession or studying towards a professional accounting qualification e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA is a distinct advantage Knowledge and use of SAP is an added advantage Knowledge of Excel Spreadsheets is an asset; Good team working skills and should be able to interact at all levels;
• Must be of High Integrity and have traceable references; Excellent verbal & written skills, proficiency in English.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates who meet the above competence should submit applications, Resumes, Academic Transcripts/Certificates or any other supporting documents online via [email protected] , addressed to
The Head of Human Resources,
Bidco Uganda Limited
P.O Box 1136, Jinja.
Deadline for submission is 15th August 2021.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.