Job Title: Assistant Accountant – Makerere University Jobs 2021
Organization: Makerere University
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Makerere University Profile:
Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. It became an independent national university in 1970. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates .
The Assistant Accountant, Finance will support operationalizing the accounting function of the University.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the revenue Budget Preparation, monitoring & control;
- Maintain accounting records and reporting;
- Monitor revenue and expenditure performance against budget;
- Reconcile revenue collected to bank account;
- Review accounting systems, identify weaknesses and propose improvements;
- Contribute towards innovations, creativity and fundraising strategy;
- Process payments and perform clerical works as assigned;
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- The applicant must hold an Honors degree in Commerce, Business Administration (Finance/Accounting, Finance & Accounting, Finance).
- Must be industrious and self-driven;
- Must be computer literate;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to with stand pressure;
- Able to lead and build teams;
- Financial management and budgeting skills;
How To Apply for Makerere University Jobs 2021
All suitably quali?ed and interested candidates should submit their applications through the link below:
Deadline : 1st September 2021
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.