Deadline of this Job:
17 February 2021
Within Uganda , kyaka , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, February 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting a Livelihoods Officer for our program in Uganda to be based in Kyaka II, You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Livelihoods Officer serves as the site-level lead on all ALIGHT refugee and host community livelihoods sector activities, ensuring that livelihoods activities are conducted as planned, present real and sustainable opportunities to refugees and host communities, and retain links to local and regional markets in a bid to increase sustainability and scalability of ALIGHT livelihoods activities, particularly business development and promotion. The Livelihoods Officer is also the focal point on site for ensuring that all livelihoods activities are inclusive, benefiting of a diversity of potential beneficiaries, and, where possible, integrated with host community members for the development of joint host-community-refugee community livelihoods programming .
• Monitor and evaluate livelihoods activities planning and implementation, with a focus on identification of potential markets for livelihoods beneficiaries and the regular and active monitoring of livelihoods group income level, savings plans, and reinvestment planning to promote business growth and increased income for beneficiaries;
• Oversee the processes by which livelihoods groups develop viable business, savings, and expenses plans, with heavy focus on integration of livelihoods activities in local markets, both refugee and host community, and, where relevant, regional markets;
• Provide direct supervision to Livelihoods Assistant / Assistants, ensuring active supervision, capacity building, and sharing of knowledge / best practices;
• Lead at the site level the development and implementation of livelihoods assessments, rapid surveys, and provide insight on opportunities for livelihoods promotion which reflect local capacities, resources, and aspirations of beneficiaries;
• Oversee the use of materials provided to livelihoods beneficiaries, and ensure via frequent site visits the proper application of livelihoods implements by beneficiaries;ÔÇï
• Ensure, in consultation with community-level leadership, that livelihoods activities slated for implementation are culturally relevant, effective, and reflective of community-level planning for livelihoods promotion;
• Develop effective work and procurement plan for the sector, ensuring hitting of targets and deadlines;
• Write quality monthly and quarterly progress reports for submission to donors and stakeholders, with an emphasis on concise quality reporting of both challenges and achievements within the sector works;
• Participate actively in livelihoods proposal development;
• Ensure ALIGHT active participation at any and all livelihoods working groups / coordination groups at site level, and, when requested, at national or regional level;
• At site-level, lead livelihoods strategy formation, constantly pushing to maximize both value for dollar of livelihoods activities as well as pushing for innovation within the sector works;
• Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
• Bachelor’s degree in Community or Rural Development, Agricultural Development, Business, or related field. Master’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred;
• Five years working experience in Livelihoods programming. Specific experience in micro-enterprise development, market-oriented livelihoods promotion, and other innovative approached to humanitarian livelihoods service delivery is an advantage;
• Experience contributing to livelihoods strategy development and proposal writing preferred;
• Experience in project report writing, as well as tracking relevant livelihoods promotion indicators in real time to permit project modification / redirection to increase viability and output of livelihoods activities, is required;
• Experience working with the forming and monitoring of livelihoods groups and activities essential;
• Knowledge of VSLA, SACCO, and other savings and loan models is essential;
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English. Language skills of populations ARC serves and surrounding host communities extremely beneficial (e.g. Kiswahili, Luo, Nuer, Kinyarwanda, Somali, etc.)
• Motorbike riding experience and permit preferable.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Follow the link to apply: https://arc.hrmagic.co/careers/job?id=NTgw