Jobs at:Atacama Consulting
Deadline of this Job:
23 July 2021
Within Uganda , Bulisa , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Livelihood Officers
Atacama Consulting on behalf of the Government of Uganda and the Joint Venture Partners; Total E&P Uganda (TEPU), China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) Uganda Limited and Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) is currently recruiting Livelihood Officers to work with the Tilenga Project Team in the implementation of the RAPS 2 - 5 Livelihood Restoration (LR) programs. This opportunity is open to residents of the project affected districts of Buliisa, Hoima and Kikuube. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Livelihood Officers will be the liaison between Project Affected Households (PAH) and the Tilenga RAPs 2-5 implementation Project team. They will be primarily responsible for collecting household data and working with the heads of household and other household members to develop a suitable Household Livelihood Plan (HLP) to help PAHs restore their livelihoods. The Livelihood Officers will also be tasked to track and monitor whether households have successfully transitioned their livelihood.
Qualification, Experience and Skills required
• At least 2 years' work experience in the field of social work, community development, socio-economic studies, or monitoring and evaluation.
• Strong understanding of livelihoods strategies, attitudes and incentives.
• Ability to speak the local languages (Runyoro, Lugungu or Alur) is highly desirable.
• Familiar with community dynamics and cultures in Buliisa, Kikuube or Hoima districts.
• Strong 'soft skills' in communication and people handling.
• Competent in note-taking and reporting A team player, organized, consistent, hands-on, and with demonstrated capacity to work under pressure.
• Flexible with fieldwork schedule as working weekends is required
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Job application procedure
Applications will be treated on a first come, first served basis. Applicants should send the following requirements via email ( [email protected] ) or deliver them to the TEP Uganda Liaison Office in Buliisa town, Buliisa district:
• Updated CV with complete contact information (cellphone number required), including 2 work-related references;
• Application letter stating why you are interested in the position, and scanned or photocopy of your National Identity (ID) card.
Please submit your application not later than 5:00PM on Friday, 23 July 2021 . Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interviews.