Job Title: Fresher Officer Records and Information Management – KCCA Jobs 2021
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Profile:
The Authority is a corporate body with perpetual succession and may sue and be sued in its corporate name and do, enjoy or suffer anything that may be done, enjoyed or suffered by a body corporate. The Authority is the governing body of the Capital City and administers Capital City on behalf of the central government subject to this Act. Any enactment that applies to a district shall, subject to this Act and with the necessary modifications, apply to the Authority
Records Managers design, implement and administer record systems and related information services, to support efficient access, movement, updating, storage, retention and disposal of files and other organisational records.
Roles and responsibilities:
The incumbent will be responsible to the Supervisor Records and Information Management for performing the following duties:-
1. Keeping custody of both current and non-current soft and hard Authority’s records in line with the records/Archiving policy.
2. Opening, allocating reference numbers and maintaining an updated register of the files inventory in line with departmental rules and regulations.
3. Organizing the Registry and safeguarding records as per Departmental Rules and Regulations.
4. Sorting, registering and filing records/dispatching outgoing correspondences/documents as per Departmental Rules and Regulations.
5. Retrieving documents/files, issuing and maintaining movement of registers in line with Departmental Guidelines.
6. Carrying out file weeding exercises and updating the Dormant and Archives Sections as per Departmental Rules and Regulations.
7. Capturing files particulars in the main database in line with Departmental Guidelines and Registry Procedures.
8. Coordinating and monitoring utilization and payment of utilities bills in line with the Directorate of Treasury Services and Administration and Human Resources guidelines.
9. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Library and Information Management or Records Management or any other related field from a recognized University or Institution. Possession of a Postgraduate Diploma in any of the above fields from a recognized University or Institution will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years of relevant working experience at Assistant Officer or Officer level in Government or a reputable organization.
How To Apply for KCCA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 7th June 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.