Junior Procurement Officer Country Office
Jobs at:The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Deadline of this Job:
08 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is owned by the Federal Republic of Germany with International operations in Uganda, GIZ Implements commissions for the German government and other national and international, public and private sector clients within the framework of the international Cooperation between the Federal Republic of Germany and the Government of Uganda.
Job Title: Junior Procurement Officer Country Office
Reports to: Head Procurement and Contracts
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Contract duration 2 Years with possibility of extension
Ref. No G12 - CO/PO/072153
Procurement Officer is responsible for:
• Managing procurement of material, goods, services and works for the GIZ Country Office, Programs/Projects according to GIZ rules and regulations.
• Keeping of experts and/or programs/projects informed of the status of procurement in the weekly status report.
• Effective coordination with colleagues of the Department.
The Junior Procurement Officer performs the following tasks:
Procurement and Contracts
• Manage the tender process for various categories and ensure compliance to the bid terms and conditions as per GIZ Guidelines Review of Specifications/ Terms of Reference with key stakeholders.
• Managing supplier evaluations and coordination of the evaluation committee.
• Preparation of Contracts, orders for review by the authorized signatories.
• Manage the procurement archive/Files by ensuring proper referencing and keeping up to date procurement files for each procurement disposal carried out as per GIZ guidelines.
• Keeps database on suppliers/providers and conducts regular search for alternatives.
• Build Public relations with customers and suppliers through drafting and sending approved notifications or regret letters.
• Prepare tender reports and obtain signoffs/Approval of senior management.
• Advises suppliers of defective goods delivered and arranges necessary follow-ups.
• Checks suppliers' / consultants' invoices, delivery notes and any other relevant documents verifies them/submits them for payment.
• Encodes required information on procurements and contracts into Prosoft/Cosoft.
• Procurement and disposal management of GIZ Country Office fixed assets.
• Managing procurement files and ensures completeness of files in DMS tiles.
Generate cosoft/prosoft report monthly to have all files completed contracts closed in SAP.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competences:
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement Logistics Management or Business administration.
• At least 3 years of professional working experience in a similar peste
• Excellent knowledge of procurement procedures and contract management.
• Demonstrable capacity for self-organization and the ability to take the initiative with minimal supervision.
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, Internet) and standard computer programmes (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed with corresponding measures to be agreed with management.
• High degree of self-motivation and team spirit.
• Straight-forward communication and proficiency in English language.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All Interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to [email protected] Applications and CVs should be in one Document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 8 August 2021. Please note. This is a national position, Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.