Human Resource Manager
Jobs at:United Future Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
27 June 2021
Within Uganda , Mpigi , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
United Future Foundation
UFFU is affiliated to the Australian-based not-for profit School For Life Foundation and operates 3 schools in Mpigi district, delivering holistic education to over 1,000 Nursery, Primary and Secondary students across 2 campuses located in Mbazzi and Katuuso. A vacancy exists for a motivated and experienced professional of high integrity to join our team as Human Resource Manager.
Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the Country Director, the Human Resource Manager (HRM) will manage the day-to-day operations of the human resources of United Future Foundation's (UFFU) operations in Mpigi, Uganda. They will be responsible for the administration of the human resources policies, procedures, and programs and will handle recruitment, performance management, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organisational development, and employment matters. Additionally, the role will be expected to pro-actively analyze business needs and translate these into Human Resources support and advice as well as implement key strategies
• Provide the Country Director with advice on a full range of HR issues ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations
• Implement key HR strategies including performance management, reward and recognition and remuneration.
• Provide active support and assistance in recruitment and induction of employees.
• Ensure consistent procedures for recruitment and induction are followed.
• Interpretation and development of HR policies, including amendment of policies and procedures where necessary in line with legislation and good business practice.
• Implement and manage a company-wide performance management system.
• Assist and support managers with the performance management and review process and provide coaching to managers in HR matters such as giving feedback, counselling staff etc.
• Implement and pro-actively manage a company-wide remuneration strategy to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace and provide reward and incentive to high performing employees.
• Workforce and succession planning including preparing and maintaining organisational charts and job descriptions, identifying succession strategies and forward planning of workforce needs. Provide a framework for career development within the organisation.
Education and Experience;
• A minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources or Business is necessary, along with previous experience in a human resources generalist role.
• Strong collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
• Up to date knowledge in employment legislation, current pay rates and industry trends surrounding non-monetary benefits.
• Current knowledge and skills in recruitment and employee relations.
• Training qualifications and/or experience in coaching and training others.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop trust
• Ability to work in a team
• Good computer applications skills.
• Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy and maintain confidentiality.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proven strong leadership and people management ability.
• A can-do attitude, a desire and the initiative to produce results that require hard work and motivation to achieve beyond what is expected.
• Forward thinking, innovative, results driven and solution focused.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an application letters enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, current salary information, telephone contact and details of at least 3 references addressed to: The Country Director, UFFU through email address [email protected] by close of business 27th June 2021 . The subject of the email should clearly reflect the position of Human Resource Manager and also outline the applicant's salary expectations.
UFFU is an equal opportunity employer, while we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.