Head of Credit Approval and Special Assets Management
Jobs at:Dfcu Bank
Deadline of this Job:
24 December 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, December 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the vacancy of Head of Credit Approval and Special Assets Management in the Executive (CEO) Domain. Details are as below:
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role holder will be responsible for reviewing and approving credit facilities (short, medium & long term), for the achievement of the bank’s disbursement targets while identifying, measuring, monitoring and controlling credit risk within the Bank’s asset book to ensure that the quality of the portfolio remains within acceptable parameters (bank and regulatory) to maximize profits, and minimize losses by adopting appropriate recovery strategies for sustainability.
• Approve credit facilities within delegated authority.
• Evaluate and provide guidance to business to structure credit facilities within delegated authority, appropriately and within the set turnaround time to book quality deals priced to cover all embedded costs under the risk reward trade-off to achieve the Bank’s disbursement target and grow a quality portfolio.
• Provide advice to business units in structuring credit / loan transactions and perform credit analysis.
• Review and recommend credit applications above delegated authority to the relevant committees.
• Provides quarterly reports to the relevant committees.
• Proactively manage the bank’s loans and advances’ portfolio to ensure optimal performance of facilities and minimize loss to the bank, evaluate and implement appropriate remedial strategies such as restructuring of loan facilities, enhancement in credit limits to help improve obligor’s repayment capacity and avoid litigation.
• Comply with internal credit policies and Central Bank guidelines and regulations on prudential norms and Credit Reference Bureau, Anti Money Laundering and KYC and other IFRS, statutory requirements, failure of which the Bank can incur losses as a result of penalties.
• Provide relevant credit terms and conditions to be laid down in the credit agreements to protect the Bank’s interest.
• To monitor individual credits inclusive of Off-Balance sheet exposures as well as overall credit portfolio of the bank to ascertain whether loans are being serviced as per facility terms, the adequacy of provisions, the overall risk profile is within acceptable limits and take remedial measures as and when any deterioration occur.
• Monitor portfolio diversification in accordance with policy guidance, risk appetite and strategic plan.
• Support the formulation, review and updating the Bank’s credit policies and procedures as applicable to meet regulatory and risk environment changes.
• Responsible for the departmental budget and projects.
• Review the portfolio evaluations and studies on the industry and environment to gain understanding on the resilience of the loan portfolio and provide advice to minimize future losses.
• Provide strong leadership to the Credit function, manage, and develop skills, professionalism, and careers of the Credit staff.
• Identify and highlight exceptions against the Bank’s lending policy / standard terms and conditions being offered to credit applicants.
• Manage and monitor loan portfolio, ensure credit quality and full compliance of Bank’s policies and lending guidelines.
• Adherence to margining requirements for security (collateral) held to ensure values do not fall below set thresholds and call for security enhancement or top-up as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• A degree in the areas of Economics, Commerce or Business Administration.
• Additional training/professional qualification in Business, Investment, and project appraisal.
• Credit Certification.
• ACIB or similar professional qualification.
• At least 10 years of which 5 have been in Senior management role in Credit Approval/Analyst /Risk management functions in a financial institution, previous experience in corporate banking will be key.
• Financial risk analysis skills.
• Strategic awareness and strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to understand issues and generate practical solutions.
• Ability to manage and motivate staff towards the strategic goals.
• Effective leadership and delegation skills.
• Ability to negotiate and influence.
• Effective management of staff career progression and expectations.
• Ability to multi-task in pressure situations and establish priorities.
• Effect use of Microsoft office (Excel, Word & power Point).
• Effective communication skills (both oral and written).
• Unquestioned integrity.
• Proven experience in the identification of risks and controls related to Credit Risk.
• Strong understanding of lending and risk management in respect of Corporates, FI’s, SMEs and Retail business.
• Well-versed in traditional banking and trade products, as well as treasury and more complex solutions, syndications.
• Strong understanding of corporate governance.
• Thorough understanding of internal credit policies and Financial Institutions Act (FIA), AML Act, Income tax Act, and exposure to Environment regulations, etc.
• Basic legal knowledge.
• General day to day market trends.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 24th December 2021 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469.