Gender Field Officer
Jobs at:Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa (HRNS)
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2021
Within Uganda , Nakasongola , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Hanns R. Neumann Stiftung Africa (HRNS) is a non-profit foundation which implements projects that promote sustainable livelihoods improvement of coffee farmers and their families. HRNS' activities concentrate on the economic and social empowerment of producer communities by enhancing their competitiveness, forming and strengthening farmer organizations, creating better market linkages and promoting access to important support services, while at the same time promoting sustainable farming and long-term use of natural resources. Gender equality and inclusive household development are key components in all project interventions.
HRNS seeks to recruit a Gender Field Officer for one of its projects to be based in the Greater Luwero region covering the districts of Luwero, Nakaseke and Nakasongola.
a. Job title: Gender Field Officer (1 position)
b. Job purpose: Ensure that the principles of gender
equality are integrated and followed in all project interventions.c. Key qualification and experience
• A university degree in gender and community development or related field
• At least 5 years' experience implementing gender interventions in rural communities
• Good understanding of gender concepts and experience with relevant approaches and methodologies.
• Excellent mobilizations and facilitation skills, very good communication and reporting skills
• Ability to speak and write in Luganda language
• Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates for the above-mentioned position are requested to send their application including cover letter, detailed CV (max 3 pages), and the names and contacts of 3 referees to justine. [email protected] not later than 17th May 2021. Women are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.