Front Desk Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Martyrs University
Deadline of this Job:
21 December 2021
Within Uganda , Nkozi , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, December 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Martyrs University is a faith-based private, not-for-profit, University and an equal opportunity employer owned by the Episcopal Conference of the Catholic Bishops of Uganda. The University is looking for suitably qualified persons to fill the following administrative and academic position:
Vice Chancellor’s Department
Position: Front Desk Officer (1 position)
Duty Station: UMU Main Campus Nkozi
Reports to: Public Relations Officer
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The candidate should possess a relevant Diploma in a relevant field. A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
Should be knowledgeable and ready to learn about the University.
• Should be self driven, reliable at all times and punctual.
• Should be smart and presentable.
• Must be cheerful, friendly and can associate freely with others.
• Should have good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to display professional confidence, be efficient, competent and mature.
• Attend to the Front Desk, incoming and outgoing telephones calls. This should be professionally done and must follow telephone etiquettes.
• Monitor calls and direct callers to the concerned officers
• Maintain a visitors’ register, clear and direct them to where they should go.
• Maintain (register) telephone contacts of employees.
• Confirm appointments with officers in the University.
• Be in-charge of outgoing and incoming mails
• Receive letters and dispatch them to their respective destinations
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Suitable candidates should apply to the Deputy Vice Chancellor not later than, 21st December, 2021. All applications must be accompanied by an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Names and Contact details of three references (including most recent employer), copies of academic certificates and transcripts, a current day telephone contact and email address.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice Chancellor
Uganda Martyrs University
P.O. Box 5498,