Job Title: – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021 Fresher Cash Officer
Organization: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kyaka with extensive travel to Imvepi in West Nile, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest international aid organization in Finland. FCA operates in 14 countries where the need is most dire. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations. FCA work is based on the promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, implying that FCA operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
The role of the CASH Officer is to support the Project Manager in all aspects related to CASH Based Interventions as part of a new project in Education in Emergencies. This post will be filled pending funding from the donor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out all aspects of the project’s CASH based intervention in close collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Lead in determining the most appropriate cash delivery modality/modalities for the context. Develop the capacity of in-country staff working on CBI interventions.
- Coordinate the development and harmonization of CASH SOPs/guidance, tools, and approaches that inform and support field teams in high-quality project planning, design and implementation, considering local context and available technologies
- Work with finance colleagues to ensure appropriate and accountable modalities of cash transfers are in place and that these approaches are adapted as needed.
- Ensure cash distributions are properly documented and meet technical quality, accountability, and protection standards in compliance with donors’ regulations.
- Ensure that CASH best practices are systematically implemented and up-dated in the overall response interventions.
- Represent the agency at the Cash Working Groups, and other relevant coordination mechanisms, meetings and fora.
- Collaborate with the program and MEAL teams to conduct relevant assessments, present evidence on the effectiveness of CBI, and advise on practices around programming for further expansion.
- Lead in identifying and documenting, lessons and promising practices from CASH Interventions.
- Contribute to country-wide strategy development, promoting CASH programming.
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Cash Officer job vacancy should hold a BA/S in economic development or another relevant degree;
- At least two years experience in CASH Based Interventions
- Experience conducting emergency market assessments, risk assessment and vulnerability assessments related to CBI
- Experience working with international NGOs, and/or private sector organizations focused on development or humanitarian assistance.
- Strong analytical skills
- Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and experience in designing community sensitization and mobilization messages for risk management.
How To Apply for Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to [email protected]
Applications may also be hand-delivered at FCA Head office in Muyenga, Roche Close
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online .
Deadline: 31st March 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.