Job Title: – Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021 Compliance Officer
Organization: Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Project Manager
Finn Church Aid (FCA) Uganda Profile:
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest international aid organization in Finland. FCA operates in 14 countries where the need is most dire. FCA works with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political affiliations. FCA work is based on the promotion of human dignity and fundamental human rights and freedom, implying that FCA operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility.
The Compliance Officer will make sure FCA Uganda country office and field offices are conducting their business in full compliance with Finn Church Aid’s partnership standards, donors and local statutory requirements. The compliance officer is responsible for developing compliance programs, conducting a review and advising management on possible risks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Compliance to donor and organization policies & procedures:
- Develop and implement an effective risk, control and compliance system
- 100% implementation of the FCA’s finance manual through compliance to policies&
- 100% compliance on monthly financial reporting, budget monitoring.
- 100% compliance check on Ugandan tax and other statutory requirements.
- With support from Head of finance & Operations, ensure capacity building and ensure grants are managed in compliance with donor requirements.
- Perform the critical function of independent financial verification on wide range of field activities including but not limited to various meetings, trainings, distribution of supplies, constructions, teachers payments, community investments, FCA Uganda Assets among others.
- 100% Reviews for all field offices. i.e. Payments, Vehicles log books, Fuel consumption staff and teachers hiring records and attendance / verification
- Verification of all procurements carried out in the field offices to ensure that they comply with FCA’s procurement guidelines.
- Share & follow up on audit findings across field offices.
- Support internal and external audits for all field offices.
- Donor compliance is achieved including audit support; on site, verification and data quality via field visits.
- Provides mentoring and monitoring support to FCA partners in coordination with program
- 100% verification of expenses reported by partners.
- Verification of partners agreements for Staffing, vendors and service providers.
- Verification of procurements carried out by partners
- Capacity Building of the partners for documentations, internal controls and reporting.
Assets and inventory management
- Performs Quarterly verification of assets and inventory lists for completeness and existence following the Organization’s inventory management policy
- 100% compliance to organization’s inventory management policy
- Carry out spot checks on assets and inventory in the Stores for completeness of records and existence
- The ideal candidate for the Finn Church Aid (FCA) Compliance Officer job opportunity should hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- Partial professional qualification in ACCA, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent will be
- A minimum of three years of post-qualification experience in relevant technical and business work.
- Excellent understanding of Ugandan Tax laws and Statutory requirements.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and QuickBooks.
- Knowledge of various Donor (UN, ECHO, US Govt) rules and regulations, systems and procedures and local government financial processes. Experience with managing other major international donor funds and working with an international non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential
- The incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Experience of working in the field(communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
How To Apply for Finn Church Aid Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact addressed to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office. P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda. Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to [email protected] Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please do not attach academic documents when you apply online
NB: Finn Church Aid is committed to keeping children safe at all times & all levels of its program operations, so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from all forms of abuses. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards, adherence to Child Safeguarding Policy including background checks.
Deadline: 7th May 2021
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact us if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.