Jobs at:Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Deadline of this Job:
04 October 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, September 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) is a statutory body established under Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013, and in line with the National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda which was approved in 2008. The mandate of the Petroleum Authority of Uganda is to monitor and regulate the exploration, development and production, together with the refining, gas conversion, transportation and storage of petroleum in Uganda. This includes ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international best practice for the petroleum industry.
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda now invites applications from qualified Ugandans who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes to occupy the following positions in the Authority’s established structure.
PAU/FA/092/600: Financial Accountant
Process and issue payments due to authorized recipients and prepare periodical reports to facilitate business continuity and enhance accountability
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Receive, register and face vet supplier invoices and staff claims for authenticity and validity of the invoices/claims.
• Communicate to the Suppliers/claimants where the invoices/claims have issues for clarification.
• Process payment to staff and suppliers.
• Obtain, verify and post all payments and receipts - Vouchers, EFTs and any other relevant documents into the accounting system.
• Maintain all records of transactions/documents posted on PAU account.
• Receive and verify refunds from staff and issue receipts.
• Obtain bank statements and examine refunds made through the banks before issuing receipts.
• Provide safe custody and accountability for the all the tools and resources used
- security papers, receipt books etc. and keep a record in the registers.
• Prepare periodical accountability reports indicating money received (refunds), all payments made to staff and external service providers and submit to supervisor for confirmation.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Commerce, Business Administration or any other Business-related degree with a specialization in either Finance or Accounting, from a recognized University
• At least 3 years’ experience handling financial management/accounting related job in a large organization.
• Practical exposure to the application of financial accounting systems.
• Professional Qualification in Accounting (ACCA, CIMA, CPA (U)).
• Specialized Training in the Accounting Systems Applications.
• Character & Competencies
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to analyze large volumes of data
• High level of organization skills
• Ability to work for long hours
• Possession of good Interpersonal skills
• Possession of an impeccable record of integrity
• Possession of prioritization skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and follow the link to “Opportunities-Careers-Vacancies” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to [email protected] or call telephone number +256 313231500.