Finance Officer- Payroll And Tax
Jobs at:Windle International Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
09 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The officer will take the lead in the processing of the payroll on a monthly basis, providing required reports, performing payroll and tax reconciliations, filing tax returns and effecting other salary statutory expectations.
• Enter and regularly update authorized staff information into the payroll system (preferably
• Update any other employee information e.g. salary increases, advances as communicated by the
• Department of Human Resources.
• Print the payroll and payroll reports of earnings, taxes and other deductions and ensure that requisitions are made and signed off.
• Coordinate the payroll verification process with the Human Resources Department.
• Ensure that proof of payment is prepared for employees on a monthly basis.
• Effect timely salary payments by the designated date every month
• Reconcile the payroll (including employee deductions) and general ledger on a monthly basis.
• Reconcile the current payroll with the previous payroll indicating reasons for the variances;
• Present reports on the same
• File all returns and other statutory obligations (including PAYE, Local Service Tax, NSSF, Value
• Added Tax, Withholding Tax) by the designated time frames given
• Prepare payroll journal entries and reconcile General Ledgers for various grants
• Ensure projects salary contributions are correctly recovered to the General Fund.
• Prepare, on a monthly basis the Partner Personnel listings for Donor reports
• Maintain and reconcile the General Ledgers against budgets on a monthly basis.
• Support the Finance department with the required information during donor assessments,
• verifications, internal and external audit exercises
• Any other responsibilities relevant to the job as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business Administration,
• Bachelor of Science in Accounting or a related field)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience handling payroll in a busy environment preferably for a workforce of over 1000 staff
• Proficiency in MS office, Excel.
• Knowledge of a Payroll Management Accounting Software (preferably PayMaster), Part qualification CPA or ACCA is an added advantage
• A clear understanding of Uganda Tax Law, the NSSF Act and other relevant laws concerning
• Employee benefits and the Statutory requirements
• Ability to work under pressure and ensure timely delivery of assigned responsibilities
• Necessary Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, in written and verbal English, highly impactful influencing and
• persuasion skills
• Proven problem-solving skills and quick decision-making
• Ability to adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and followthrough
• Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the required competencies and wish to apply should visit our website at https://windleuganda.org/careers/ for instructions on how to apply. Only applications submitted through the recommended link on the website will be accepted from 26th -April up to 9th May, 2022 by 17:00hrs.