To provide strategic leadership and coordination of the Finance and Administration Department and ensure efficient and effective provision of financial, procurement, and administrative services to the Authority.
Reports to: Managing Director
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop financial and administrative policies, processes, and procedures.
• Develop the Budget framework ensuring that all activities have been budgeted for effective implementation.
• Ensure that the financial reporting and accountability are provided to upper management in a timely manner.
• Develop a robust financial performance management framework and ensure that the performance indicators are clearly communicated to all directorate staff.
• Develop, monitor, and review the corporate financial work plan.
• Assess the performance of the Authority’s financial, annual budget, and strategic plan.
• Carry out strategic level financial risk analysis and develop mechanisms for minimizing financial risks.
• Review the performance of finance policies, systems, and procedures in order to identify improvements.
• Compile and present the master budget to the Senior Management for approval, and provide mechanisms for monitoring, control and review of budget implementation.
• Prepare, review and ensure timeliness and accuracy in the submission of strategic level Finance and Administration reports.
• Monitor the Authority’s absorption rate and ensure that all budgeted expenditures are expended efficiently and effectively
• Supervise the procurement unit and ensure that the procurement process is transparent and there is value for money.
• Supervise the administrative unit and ensure that administrative transactions are managed.
• Monitor the implementation of the authority’s procurement plan ensuring that it is aligned to the annual work plan and that all procurements are managed in a timely manner.
• Monitor the value of stores to ensure that purchased items are requisitioned and that there are no redundant stocks.
• Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Accounting, OR related field with Accounting Major from an accredited University.
• Masters degree in the above or related fields is an added advantage.
• Full membership of ACCA or CPA
• Must be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU)
Job-related Experience and Knowledge
• 7 years of relevant experience four (3) of which should be at management level.
• Ability to prepare management accounts for internal use.
• Experience in preparing statutory financial accounts in compliance with IFRS.
• Solid understanding of accounting software principles.
• Knowledge of accounting standards.
• Experience in Managing teams.
• Budgeting ( including Budget Planning)
• Risk Management
• Customer Care
• Financial Management
• Information Handling and Filing
• Information Technology/ Computer Skills
• Planning and Organising Work
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Thoroughness/ Concern of Excellence
• Result Orientation
• Strategic Thinking
• Personal Integrity
• Development Orientation
• Team Management
• Performance Management
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section