Jobs at:Raising The Village
Deadline of this Job:
24 August 2021
Within Uganda , Mitooma , East Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reporting To: Senior Finance Officer
Years of Experience: 2+ years
Travel Required: 30%
Raising The Village provides a combination of projects which address the immediate needs of the household while building the foundations for long-term household income development. Raising The Village therefore is committed to building affordable and effective poverty solutions which deliver lasting outcomes. As of 2021, RTV is implementing projects in Kisoro,Kyenjojo,Kaliro, Kanungu,Kagadi ,Mitooma,Rubanda, Rukungiri and has a coordination office in Kampala and Mbarara
The Finance Assistant will support the Senior Finance Officer in the field districts under the projects in the areas of budget formulation, financial planning and monitoring, reporting, accounting/budget execution with in the field Districts also provide financial advisory services to the Field Officers.
Financial Management and Reporting
• Ensure that financial documents are up to date at all times, orderly, well kept, and readily available for reference and audit, when required such as cash advance forms, cash request forms etc
• Withdraw project activities Funds from the bank, disburse and keep accurate records for all daily transactions
• Update all finance related internal systems with financial data
• Prepare expenditure cash log to manage daily cash activities at the field offices and share them with SFO on a weekly basis
• Scanning and numbering of the scanned finance documents on a weekly basis and share them with SFO for review
• Take part in budgeting, budget tracking and monitoring
• Implementation of financial policies
• Help oversee and manage individual accounts for the assigned field officers
• Send and follow up on invoices for proper accountability
• Review and reconcile project activities accountabilities documentations
• Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified in accountability submissions
• Report any practice that is against financial procedures to the Senior Finance Officer or Finance and Administration Manager or management team as might be required
• Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost saving
• Manage all the accountability documents and submitting it to the Senior Finance Officer for review on a weekly basis
• Provide support to staff through explaining financial information to ensure adherence to financial processes and procedures
• Review and prepare monthly reconciliations for the assigned field office
• Manage office and project operations cash in the assigned field offices
• Maintain the filing of all financial and accounting documents, files, and correspondence at field office and these should be ready for verification and confirmation at the end of every quarter.
Preferred Technical Skills
• Excellent mathematical skills; understanding of data privacy standards; integrity; honesty critical thinking skills;
• Knowledge of accounting and financial regulations
• Ability to travel at least 30% of the time to different districts of RTV field operations
• Excellent computer skills including Excel and Microsoft word.
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Good time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
Education, Qualification and experience
• Diploma in accounting or Business administration majoring in accounting, or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance will be an added advantage.
• A minimum of (2) two years of professional experience in providing accounting and bookkeeping, and proven experience in a Finance Management and Accounting.
• Any level of CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly post for me this position attached.
Applications will be sent through this link . Or follow the link at https://forms.gle/kTvSVKyQZYfyaTjeA
Deadline for application will be 24th August 2021