Finance and Accounting Manager
Jobs at:Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC)
Deadline of this Job:
16 April 2021
Within Uganda , Entebbe , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, April 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Printing and Publishing Corporation (UPPC) is a public corporation established by the UPPC Act 1992 Cap.30 as a leading printer mandated to provide printing and publishing facilities to government ministries, departments, and agencies, NGOs, private sector organizations and individuals. The Corporation prints and publishes all government legislations, the Uganda Gazette, stationery and other books and reading materials for public and private sector organisations. In order to effectively fulfil its mandate and achieve its strategic goals, UPPC invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandan nationals of high integrity to fill the position of Finance and Accounting Manager
Job Title: Finance and Accounting Manager
Salary Scale: UPPC Level 2
Reports To: Managing Director .
Job Purpose: The Finance and Accounting Manager will oversee all accounting and financial functions of the Corporation and will work with management to maintain financial integrity and ensure sound financial management by implementing and developing procedures which promote financial discipline as well as maintaining strong financial controls. He/she will coordinate the timely preparation and submission of budgets, financial projections, and financial reporting.
• Ensure existence of systems and policies which provide appropriate levels of security and control of financial resources and operation.
• Develop and review internal controls that help in fraud risk prevention and detection;
• Establish an annual budget cycle and coordinate the budgeting process; ensuring that budget estimates match the annual operational plans and ensure such budgets are submitted to the Board for Approval;
• Prepare accurate and timely periodic (monthly quarterly and annual) management financial reports showing the Corporation's performance and financial position; and submit them to management for discussion and appropriate decision making:
• Maintain all accounting and financial data and systems necessary to record all transactions of the Corporation in accordance with generally accepted international accounting standards and the provisions of the Companies Act;
• Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the finance and administration department and provide professional and administrative guidance and advice to management;
• Ensure the integrity of the general ledger and ensure that an effective accounting system is in place and operational ensuring that all revenues due to the Corporation are properly recorded.
• banked and expenditures genuinely authorized;
• Closely monitor and conduct quarterly financial analysis and provide a report to management on the
• overall performance of the Corporation and develop an action plan to close identified gaps;
• Review the cost structure to ensure they are within the Corporation's benchmark and develop and maintain effective internal controls and procedures over all financial processes;
• Undertake Corporation's budget analysis and advise management for corrective actions;
• Conduct reviews and evaluations to manage and control expenditure and ensure that expenditures are within the budget and liaise with Auditors to ensure that periodic audits are carried out;
• Develop profitable business plans to meet the Corporation's financing needs:
• Advising management on the profitable investment plans in line with the Corporation's strategy:
• Carry out any other duties as may from time to time be assigned.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
For Detailed job descriptions, required qualifications and how to apply, please go to our web site: www.uppc.co.ug/jobs .
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted