Field Finance Manager (FFM)
Deadline of this Job:
21 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duty Station : Kampala, Uganda*
Please note that due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the ABA is only considering applications of those based in Uganda at time of application.
Proposed Start Date: September 2021
Duration : 10 months (Full Time) with possibility of extension 1
The American Bar Association, Rule of Initiative (ABA ROLI) is seeking a Field Finance Manager (FFM) to support its program from its office in Kampala. The FFM will be responsible for supporting a range of finance and logistics matters.
• Develop and implement administrative systems, including personnel, finance, budgeting, property, customs/shipping, procurement, travel, and mail.
• Prepare monthly payslip and payments to tax and social security offices.
• Organize expense receipts, assign budget codes, input key information into Quickbooks.
• Compile monthly expense report and respond to inquiries.
• Prepare the monthly cash forecast.
• Ensures compliance with organization’s procurement policies and proper allocation of costs for procurement.
• Assist the Program Manager with the office banking including drafting of checks, inter-bank transfers and other banking documents.
• Maintains administrative records through both electronic and hard copy means. Fully ensures the confidentiality of records.
• Obtains pro forma quotes from vendors on the local market for goods and services.
• Maintains inventory for office.
• Establishes and maintains good relations with government offices, banks and vendors.
Logistical support to program
• Support planning and implementation of project activities including workshops, trainings, and meetings
• Make logistical arrangements to support project activities
• Attend program events to assist the Program Manager on logistical matters.
• Create checklists and track travel and workshop logistics
• Interface with program partners on workshop, travel, and other logistics
• Other administrative duties as assigned
• Must have a strong knowledge of Finance laws, procedures, management and experience policies related to the procurement of goods and services.
• At least two-years of proven administrative or assistant experience. Experience with NGOs and/or INGOs will be regarded as an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience supporting financial functions of an organization including event logistics.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma in Finance or related field.
• Good administrative skills and experience organizing large amounts of paper and data.
• Advanced proficiency working with Microsoft Office Word and Excel and QuickBooks.
• Must be a resourceful and creative individual who can design flexible options to respond to organizational needs.
• Fluency in written and oral English.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team with effective interpersonal skills/relationships.
• Highly organized, proactive, hardworking, focused, and attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree