Reports to: Country Director
Deadline to apply: May 14th, 2021
Expected starting date: June 2021
Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF) is a development aid non-governmental organization whose work focuses on giving access to justice and protecting the fundamental rights of all people with a focus on most marginalized groups.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
The Coordinator of Programs is in charge of the programmatic strategy in the Country Team. He/she is tasked with coordinating the projects implemented as parts of the Country Strategy set by the Country Director (CD). Together with the CD, he/she ensures supervision of the project coordinators and officers and works in functional relation with the Administrative Finance and Logistics Coordinator (AFLC).
• Ensure that all projects are implemented in line with the country strategy
• Compile and centralize planning of projects’ activities; in link with a financial forecast by the AFLC
• Implement M&E systems and compile the project M&E data
• Prepare project reports to donors
Technical and Financial Supervision
• Ensure quality control of all ASF intervention
• Supervise and guide project officers through the Project management cycle
• Review and approve project expenses in compliance with ASF procedures
Representation & Visibility
• Monitor and map possible ASF national civil society partners in areas of intervention
• Facilitate and coordinate relations with ASF national civil society partners
• Represent ASF in relevant structures and foras with national civil society and public authorities
• Ensure advocacy around ASF interventions
• In relation to the CD, supervise and coordinate the work of project coordinators/ officers as per job descriptions
• Organize and implement capacity development plans for project coordinators/ officers
Degree: BA in Law or social sciences
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in project coordination in the sectors of Human rights,
Governance, and/or Rule of Law.
Knowledge and skills: Proficiency in project management
Strong knowledge of the Ugandan Justice System and Rule of Law Environment.
IT: High level of computer literacy (Office package)
Languages : English required
Know-how: Project management tools: log frame, budget, action plans, M&E database
Know-how-to be: Strong interpersonal person
Commitment to ASF mandate
Ability to work in multicultural environments
How to apply
ASF is an equal opportunity employer; interested applicants should send a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcripts; three reachable references, and salary expectations no later than May 14th, 5 pm (EAT.
ASF will only contact short-listed candidates
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section