Jobs at:China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Friday, September 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC). CNOOC Uganda Limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local talent. Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused, committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Job title: Contract Coordinator
Location: Kampala, Uganda Mobiized Albert Lake Construction sites or other cities if required.
• Provide contracts and procurement support related to the development of the oil and gas fields in the region of Lake Albert.
• Conduct prequalification, establish an approved bidders list, prepare bid packages leads evaluating Qualification and contract award recommendation facilitate contract negotiation and execution administer and maintain all contracts required by ONOOC Uganda Limited in accordance with the established Procurement Policy, EHS policy, contracting strategy and consistent with any other internal policies and procedures.
• Ensure that CNOOC Uganda Limited contracts with qualified contractors and on terms and conditions that best protect the interest of company.
• Significant amount of time devoted to resolving disputes with Contractors. These disputes occur both on the front end to resolve contract terms and conditions exceptions before a contract can be signed and also at the conclusion of the contract in order to resolve claims and clear the way for final contract settlement and resolution. Look for assistance from Legal Counsel if necessary to resolve the disputes. The key is to achieve best results and interests for CNOOC Uganda Limited while maintaining a positive relationship with the contractor and promote CNOOC Uganda Limited's image in a positive way.
• Assist the Contract Manager in preparation of Procurement and Contracting Plant, correspondence, presentations and materials statistical reports.
• Facilitate/coordinate Meetings with end-users and contractors; Act as liaison and coordinator between end-users and contractors to address change orders.
• Deliver internal training on Procurer Tent Procedures, and provide contract interpretation of end users.
• Continuously evaluate the performance of the group. Recommend process improvement changes, implement approved recommendations, and monitor results and report findings to the Contract Manager.
• Provide overall direction, Supervision, mentoring motivation and on-the-job training to the Strategic Procurement group staff and prepare them for advancement. Focus on building a strong Strategic Procurement group team to fulfill all the operation requirements. Identify training and development requirements and report findings to the Contract Manager. work with The Contract Manager and HR scheduling training opportunities for its team members.
• Bachelor's degree or above in Journalism, communications, politics, economics, Social Sciences or other related.
• Minimum 7 years working experience.
• Work experience around Albert Lake districts is highly preferred
• NGO or community background is preferred.
• Experience with public relations is preferred
• Willingness to travel and a desire to engage with people of different backgrounds and cultures.
• An expert in contracts & Procurement
• Knowledge in engineering energy industry and machinery
Knowledgeable in business administration and analysis of commercials and financials
Familiar with the supply market place, major suppliers and products and industry dynamics/ drivers
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Send ONLY your CV and Application Letter. Merged into one Pdf. to [email protected] not later than FRIDAY 24th SEPTEMBER 2021 at 5.O0 PM
Ensure to indicate the JOB TITLE as The SUBJECT HEAD of the Email
Please note that your CV should include your contact information, list your qualifications nationality. 3 related references and only the first application submitted will be considered
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidate shot be contacted.