Jobs at:Embassy of the Republic of Uganda, Washington D.C
Deadline of this Job:
25 March 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, March 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key Responsibilities for Consular Assistant
• Receive and record all applications for Visas and renewal of passports;
• Ensure that all applications for Visas and passports meet the necessary requirements;
• Handle enrolment and issuance of National Identity Cards to applicants;
• Dispatch all processed documents in a timely manner;
• Keep a register of incoming and outgoing documents and mails;
• Assist the Consular Officer in processing and handling of applications for Visas, Passports, Emergency Travel Documents and authentication of documents;
• Respond to Consular inquiries.
Applicants should have the following:
• A university degree or its equivalent;
• Good command of written and spoken English;
• High integrity; Interpersonal communication and computer skills;
• Ability to Adapt to multi-cultural settings and work with minimum supervision;
• High regard for quality, standards and results;
• Ability to handle clients and large volumes of paperwork;
• Team Building skills.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications should be submitted to the following email address: [email protected] not later than Friday 25th March, 2022.
Applicants should scan and submit copies of the following documents with their application:
• Job application letter addressed to the Ambassador, Embassy of the Republic of Uganda, Washington DC, indicating the position applied for;
• Copy of a university degree certificate or its equivalent;
• A Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume with two referees;
• Letters of recommendation from referees.
NB: Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB, using portable documents format (PDF).
• Only applications submitted using the above designated email address will be considered.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring their original academic certificates, transcripts and letters of recommendation from referees, National Identity Cards (for Ugandans) and proof of legal residence and work permit for the U.S, to the oral interview.
• Applicants should be legal residents in the U.S with relevant work permit
In case of any inquiry, contact Tel. No. +1-202-726-7100 or e-mail [email protected]