Job Title: Project Assistant – Child Fund Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Child Fund International
Duty Station: Moyo
Reports to: Project Officer
Child Fund International Profile
ChildFund International is a nonprofit organization working toward a world where every child is free to live at their fullest potential, no matter where they’re from or what challenges they face. We help children living in poverty to have the capacity to improve their lives and the opportunity to bring lasting change to their communities.
To support the implementation of project activities on Building Resilience and Protection Systems for the Well-being of Children in Parolinya Refugee settlement and Host Communities in Obongi District, Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Regularly update and monitor the CFS activities to ensure technical support and capacity enhancement is given to CFS facilitators and animators in line with the CFS curriculum and as per the global minimum standards.
- Ensure that the child protection in emergencies minimum standards are met with in implementation of BRePs project.
- Support community-based child protection systems, children’s groups and stake holders involved in the implementation of the project
- Ensuring compliance to the Child Fund Child Safeguarding policy and PSEA standards
- Provide information for projects design, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Collect and compile statistical data and information regarding /facilitators, community members and children participation in activities at the CFSs.
- Support community structures to prepare their monthly, quarterly reports.
- Prepare periodic reports (monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual) and submits them to the project Officer for review.
- Support community structures to develop project implementation plans and their implementation.
- Collaborate with other actors and Community Based Child Protection Systems in Zone 3 to ensure a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings in the community and keep the project officer.
- Participate in document on regular basis project significant impact and success stories of change and share with the project team.
- Coach and mentor children, animators/Facilitators, community-based child protection systems in child protection, positive parenting and SGBV issues using approved approaches and models.
- Support all referral needs that may arise from time to time and ensure that all children referred for any services are well documented, and feedback received.
- Ensures value for money for all project funds.
- Ensures that advances are accounted for on time.
- Together and guided by the PO prepare both weekly and monthly budget requests for the implementation of project activities
- Prepares accountabilities on time and ensure expenditures are accurate.
- Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, or Development Studies, or Project Management
- Possession of computer skills is necessary.
- At least 2 years’ experience in working with refugees and other displaced persons is an added advantage.
- key skills in project planning and management required
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally
- Motorcycle riding skill is required.
- Experience in working with children.
- Demonstrable attitude for teamwork.
- High level of interpersonal skills.
- High level of people management skills.
- Ability to take fast decisions.
How To Apply for Child Fund Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.