Job Title: Project Accountant – Child Fund Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Child Fund International
Duty Station: Kampala
Child Fund International Profile
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision making processes within their communities.
The Project Accountant will be responsible for providing technical support to ensure that Project funds and other resources are utilized and reported according to ChildFund’s policy and procedures and in compliance with donor agreements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Responsible for training and mentorship for project staff in financial management systems and procedures to ensure competency, proficiency and required financial reports are submitted promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for project budget and cash flow management duties to include fund release request preparation, coordination and supervision of cash forecast requirements, review of budget.
- Ensure project compliance with terms and conditions in the donor agreement, including compliance with procurement policy, and immediate notification of deviations to CO Finance management.
- Conduct joint monitoring visits to project activities/sites??, follow-up on corrective actions required and adhere to the reporting requirements of national office.
- Review and verify financial documents to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, policy, and donor’s requirements.
- Responsible for assisting project staff on finance manual requirements, capacity building for staff on finance activities in compliance with policy and procedures.
- Responsible for preparation and analysis of monthly, and quarterly financial reports of the project
- The ideal candidate for the ChildFund International Project Accountant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or related field or equivalent relevant work experience.
- CPA or ACCA preferred
- Two years of work experience in finance, accounting/bookkeeping activities, auditing, business administration, or related field.
- Experience in budget preparation and office administration in an international NGO or organization preferable.
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook. Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills, ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multiethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
How To Apply for Child Fund Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
The Country Director,
P.O. Box 3341 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: [email protected]
Hand deliver to:
ChildFund Country Office,
Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road
P.O. Box 3341,
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted and all employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check. ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 20th October 2021