Job Title: 4 Administrative Assistants – Child Fund Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Child Fund International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Child Fund International Profile
For over seventy years, ChildFund International has provided support to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting, and advancing the worth and rights of children. Our core commitment is child-centered change that will ensure healthy and secure infants, educated and confident children, and youth who are skilled and engage meaningfully in the affairs and decision making processes within their communities.
The Administrative Assistant provides logistical and administrative support to the Project team. S/he will also assist with projects documentation. The incumbent will be an important part of the team and will gain exposure to a wide variety of stakeholders and partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Support the day-to-day functioning of the Project team.
- Assist in documenting project activity reports and maintaining timely flow-through of expense reporting.
- Provides meeting support and logistics to the Project team.
- Assist with travel planning and preparation for individual team members.
- Prepare and maintain regular performance reporting in support of project processes.
- Maintain contact lists and validate email list-serve for project key contacts and beneficiaries.
- The ideal candidate for the ChildFund International Administrative Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelors degree in Social Works and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Procurement & Supply Chain or related discipline.
- Two to three years of experience in administrative support or similar role, showcasing outlined capacities.
- Excellent communication skills (developing correspondence, presentations, etc.) across multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to maintain confidentiality and a high level of discretion.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and perform multiple tasks with attention to detail required.
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office applications with advanced use of Excel and strong use of MS Word and MS PowerPoint required Experience with budget tracking.
- Team player, self-starter, sense of humor and ability to contribute to a strong and friendly working environment.
- Ability to develop relationships with multiple stakeholders, manage time effectively and negotiate deadlines
How To Apply for Child Fund Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
The Country Director,
P.O. Box 3341 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: [email protected]
Hand deliver to:
ChildFund Country Office,
Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road
P.O. Box 3341,
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted and all employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check. ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 20th October 2021