7 Field Trainers
Jobs at:Federation of Fisheries Organizations Uganda (FFOU)
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB ADVERT - For Field Trainers
Federation of Fisheries Organizations Uganda (FFOU) with support from GIZ Responsible Fisheries Business Chain Project (GIZ-RFBCP) is implementing Business Development Services (BDS) project in seven districts namely: Kyotera, Masaka, Kalungu, Mpigi, Mukono, Kalangala and Kampala. The main objective of the BDS is to enhance application of business skills for the target segment of boat owners, fish traders, fish processors and fish by product processors in the SMEs category of the fisheries value chain. This will be achieved through training on Business Development Services (BDS) that will cover; enterprise training, financial management, fish handling and preservation and the voluntary guidelines for securing sustainable small scale fisheries.
FFOU accordingly, seeks to recruit seven (7) ambitious, committed and energetic Business Development Service (BDS) trainers to conduct trainings to SMEs in the fisheries sector for a period of 14 Months.
Job Details Job Title: BDS Field Trainers (7 positions), Employment type: Contract, Duration: Fourteen months, Reports to: Project manager District duty location: Kyotera, Masaka, Kalangala, Kalungu, Kampala, Mukono and Mpigi
• Deliver BDS trainings, follow up coaching and mentorship services to trainees; Develop daily training schedules and making appointment with the trainees and local leadership
• Develop detailed weekly, monthly and annual training work plan * Develop weekly and monthly program progress reports and submit them
• to the programme officer, Documentation of success stories, challenges, sharing lessons learnt and leveraging the value of lessons learned during project implementation; Ensuring compliance with reporting requirements (Keep track and clear
• records of accountability on use of funds and other materials); Manage and carry-out the implementation of the project activities in the district and respective landing site with;
• Requisition of funds and materials for the training;
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the programme officer
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in any of the following areas; Social Sciences, Adult and Community Education, Development Studies, Business Studies, fisheries and aquaculture, any other relevant degree or equivalent by professional experience. Each will be stationed in one of the above mentioned project districts with periodic visits to Kampala head office and other districts of the project intervention.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Information about the above mentioned vacancies is available on FFOU website: www.ffou.org .
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their application letters and Resume accompanied by photocopies of relevant documents to: [email protected] not later than 4th September, 2021 addressed to Human Resources Manager, Federation of Fisheries organizations Uganda (FFOU) P.O Box 3116 Kampala. Hard copies can also be delivered at the Head office located at Wabyona plaza, second floor opposite Africa Oil - Bweyogerere, For details please contact us on Tel: +256 414 583 081. Please quote the name of the job title in the subject line very clearly and Job reference Number; FFOU/ BDs/001
Indicate the district of your choice in your application
Note: While we thank all applicants for their interest in working with Federation of Fisheries Organizations Uganda, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.