5 Child Development Officers-Sponsor Donor Relations
Jobs at:Baptist Union of Uganda (BUU)
Deadline of this Job:
25 August 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Baptist Union of Uganda (BUU) a faith based organization that brings together all Baptist Churches in Uganda has a strong partnership with compassion international - Uganda in child ministry through sponsorship and home based care. BUU seeks to recruit competent persons to fill the positions
Position: Child Development Officer-Sponsor Donor Relations (5 positions)
Station: Kitumba, Aculawic, Mmembe, Vugmbala, Buteba Baptist Churches
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serves as an advocate for children and their caregivers who live in poverty and are not able to speak out for themselves.
• Implements the day to day running of the project SDR activities for the achievement of the sponsor child relationship outcomes.
• Initiates annual plans and schedules for child correspondence, Child updates, Child departures, child registration and other Key Result Areas and coordinates their implementation in a timely manner. Coordinates all planned sponsor visits, ensures proper documentation and record keeping of all SDR related issues.
• Responsible for the social emotional development, this will involve acting as a resource person for life skills trainings and mobilizing opportunities for empowering caregivers in positive parenting activities, trainings, information. education and communication (IEC) to the project management, caregivers and children.
• Committing to a high level of financial stewardship through demonstrating proper funds usage, financial accountability and adhering to reporting requirements
• Support in the generation of the annual PPBF (Partner Planning & Budgeting Form).
• Prepares and submits SDR related reports to the Project Director and church leadership as a means to monitor and evaluate issues to do with child/sponsor/donor relationships.
• Must be a mature born again Christian with a sound testimony
• Must have at least a degree in any of the following: Social work& social Administration, Social sciences, Development Studies, Education, Communication, records management and any related disciplines
• Written Communication and basic organizational skills are a must.
• Must have good interpersonal skills. Must have computer skills.
• Formal training in counseling and child development will be
• an added advantage.
• Age: 25-35
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please post your hand written application together with a current copy of your curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic documents & National ID, three referees and a recommendation letter from your local church signed by your Pastor/Priest to:
The National ICP Coordinator
Baptist Union of Uganda
P. O. Box 7508, Kampala
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, 25th August 2021 at 5:00pm.