4 Finance Assistants
Jobs at:Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 17, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duty Station : Kampala Area Office, Isingiro, Arua Area Office, Yumbe, Uganda
Reports to : Finance Officer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Job Summary: The Finance Assistant will support in finance functions for Finance Assistant in ensuring the finance department functions efficiently in all areas of financial accounting, management, monitoring and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Comply with Financial Handbook and other NRC policies
• Receive, assemble and register invoices/documents submitted for payment
• Carry out first review of payment documents submitted for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices and before forwarding to Finance Assistant for further review and verification.
• Handle all cash transactions including field payments of approved vouchers.
• Support the Finance Assistant in preparation of cash payment postbacks/vouchers in Agresso ensuring all cash movements are accurately recorded and submit for review by Finance Officer before payment.
• Under supervision of Finance Officer, support in following up advances and their purposes, ensure value for money when verifying accountabilities, and ensure that accountabilities are prompt and cleared before within allowable timelines.
• Ensure all hard files are up-to date paying keen attention to completeness of documents that are filed and ensuring paid documents are stamped PAID.
• Responsible for scanning all completed and paid vouchers with supporting documents.
• Any other duty assigned by the Finance Officer/Finance Assistant.
• Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
• Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
• Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
• Ensure proper filing of documents
• Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Finance Assistant job opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or a related relevant field
• At least two years of experience in a similar role
• INGO experience will be added advantage
• Planning and delivering results
• Interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
• Good Time management
• Attention to detail
• Handling insecure environments
• Familiarity with basic electronic equipment (computers, photocopier, scanner, etc)
• Sociable, courteous and respectful
• Able multitask
• Reliable, adaptable and flexible
• Performance Management
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join NRC in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.