3 Field Supervisor – Financial Literacy Project
Jobs at:Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2021
Within Uganda , Several Locations , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
WHO WE ARE:
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM.
Currently FRC is implementing literacy and language trainings, as well as livelihood related trainings in selected refugee settlements and nearby Ugandan communities with support from Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, and financial literacy trainings in all refugee settlements in Uganda with support from World Food Programme (WFP). The professional work force in these projects is currently 80 persons.
FRC is seeking suitably qualified, hardworking Ugandans to fill the following positions.
Position 2: Field Supervisor – Financial Literacy Project
Contract type: Short term
Contract duration: 5 Months
Location: Palorinya Refugee Settlement – Moyo District Kyangwali Refugee Settlement – Kikube District Refugee Settlements in Adjumani District
Reports To: Financial Literacy Team Leader
The primary responsibility of this position to plan and organise FLT trainings at settlement level, including selection of refugee households to be trained and forming 40-50 FLT learning groups every 6 weeks. She/he is to identify, train and support 40 to 50 volunteer FLT Trainers, provide advice and mentoring on adult teaching and financial literacy course content, monitor training delivery and collect data, do data cleaning, analysis and storing. This position requires excellent organisational skills, knowledge on how to use various methodologies teach adults, experience on VSLA and on data collection.
Qualification and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Skills, Livelihood or Community Development; or in Adult Education with strong relevant experience in Financial Literacy.
• At least 2 years’ professional work experience with communities.
• Willingness to travel and live in rural project locations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
• Knowledge of languages spoken by major refugee groups; Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda, Dinka, Nuer, Madi etc. is an advantage.
• Experience working with NGOs, local communities and authorities.
• Ability to use standard computing packages.
• Motorcycle riding skills is a MUST.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Email Application to [email protected] latest on 3rd June 2021.
Application and CVs should be one document, and maximum of 5 pages.
Include in your application letter:
• Quote the Position and Location you are applying for.
• Gross salary request,
• Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons. Do NOT email copies of any certificates. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from FRC by 30th June, your application has not been successful.