15 Chinese Interpreter/Translator
Jobs at:Wagagai Mining
Deadline of this Job:
27 May 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Organization: Wagagai Mining (U) ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Busia Uganda
Reports to: As assigned after appointment.
Wagagai Mining (U) Limited is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Liaoning Hongda Group, registered in Busia, a town in the Administrative Center of Busia District located in the Eastern Region of Uganda. The company owns the gold mining right of 9.24 square kilometers in the north of the town, and has an investment plan of $200M currently with over 600 employees expecting to grow to about 3000 in the near future.
The Chinese Interpreter/Translator will provide professional interpretation/translation services from Chinese to English and vice versa.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Check original texts or confer with authors to ensure that translations retain the content, meaning and feeling of the original material
• Check translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure that they are accurate and remain consistent throughout translation revisions.
• The incumbent will listen to speakers’ statements in order to determine meaning and to prepare translations, using electronic listening systems as necessary.
• The incumbent will translate messages simultaneously or consecutively into specified languages, orally or by using hand signs, maintaining message content, context, and style as much as possible.
• Compile information about the content and context of information to be translated,
as well as details of the groups for whom translation or interpretation is being performed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The Chinese Interpreters/Translators should hold a Bachelor’s (Hons) Degree and studied chinese language from a recognized institution PREFERABLY from the People’s Republic of China or Confucius institute of Makerere university in Uganda.
• Good working knowledge of spoken Chinese (Mandarin).
• Personal Competencies: Team work; effective Communication; Interpersonal Skills; Ethics and Integrity; Result orientation; Computer Literacy
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should send their applications with copies of academic certificates & transcripts curriculum vitae and scanned copy of national ID via email and sent as a single pdf file.
Applications should be sent to [email protected] or whatsapp 0709886936
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.